Objectives and Intended Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the management implications of the use of business intelligence and knowledge management systems
- Define Big Data and describe its current uses for analysis and future potential and its implications
- Explain common analytics for business and quality improvement
- Recommend manufacturing business decisions based on data analytics
- Explain common analytics used in health care
- Recommend health care decisions based on data analytics
- Explain common analytics used in education
- Recommend educational decisions based in data analytics
- Explain common analytics used in government
- Recommend governmental decisions based on data analytics
This course is designed for adult learners who are interested in data analytics.
How are data-driven decisions put into practice in the real world? How do these decisions differ when applied to different sectors, such as health care, education and government? This course will provide answers to these questions as well as recommendations for decisions based on data analytics for each sector. The course will begin with an introduction of Big Data and its implications and each section, case studies will bring the concepts to life.