Objectives and Intended Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Explain OMB’s role and circulars governing grants
- Identify allowable and unallowable expenditures of funds
- Discuss solicitation or purchase requirements in the grants process
- Prepare purchases for audits, documentation and files
- Create an effective internal controls program
- Outline the Audit Process
- List “Government Administrative Requirements”
- Discuss Government Contract requirements
Open to all purchasing and procurement professionals, grants personnel and finance personnel involved in the process interested in learning how to become eligible to receive grants and manage federal money expenditures in accordance with federal standards.
This is an advanced course designed to professionally monitor, administer, and oversee the grants process. The course explores how the Grants Administrator, Finance and Procurement Departments work together to avoid negative audit findings, obtain full reimbursement of expenditures and build effective internal controls. Special attention is paid to the new 2013 requirements.