Objectives and Intended Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Identify major types of capital acquisitions and develop strategic acquisition process and plan.
- Develop and prepare effective capital acquisition specifications, Statements of Work, contract pricing strategies and contract terms and conditions.
- Select the appropriate source selection method and describe the components required to successfully award a contract that meets the needs of the client.
- Evaluate offers, make awards and/or negotiate an optimal contract solution.
- Develop and describe contract administration functions specifically related to capital acquisitions.
Intended for procurement officials, senior buyers, procurement specialists, clients responsible for procuring and maintaining capital acquisitions, and agency contract.
As procurement professionals we must focus on enterprise and strategic planning, recognizing that far greater value can be achieved through strategic procurement planning than through routine order placing. Capital expenditures represent one-third of the total expense budgets of state and local governments. Given this significant investment of government resources, how does the responsible public procurement agent ensure that a long-term best value solution is obtained? Practical examples, discussion, group exercises and case studies will be used throughout the course.