Objectives and Intended Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define sustainability and its application in an organizational setting
- Describe the connection between the environment and sustainability
- Explain the business case for sustainable management
- Recognize the role of government regulation in corporate sustainability efforts
- Discuss leadership in sustainable management
- Outline the criticisms of corporate sustainability
- Apply sustainable management principles to workplace scenarios
This course is designed for adult learners interested in advancing their understanding of sustainable management.
Sustainable management is managing a firm so that it generates profits for its owners, protects the environment, and improves the lives of the people with whom it interacts. The business case for sustainable management is that it can help a company's long-run profitability and success.